Feedburner is a free, Google-owned service that provides great feed statistics and services to bloggers and other feed publishers.
Here’s how to use Feedburner email subscription:
- Sign up — First of all, you’ll need to sign up for a Feedburner feed if you haven’t already.
- Go to Feedburner.com and login
- Click “My Feeds” in the upper-left-hand corner
- Select your feed from the list
- Click the “Publicize” tab
- Click “Email Subscriptions” on the left
- Make sure “Feedburner” is selected, and click “Activate”
- Copy the HTML code in the box
- Login to your WordPress blog’s administration area
- Go to the “Appearance” section (a.k.a. “Design,” “Presentation,” or “Themes” in versions prior to 2.7)
- If you’re using Widgets in your sidebar, click the “Widgets” sub-tab. Add a “Text” widget to the sidebar you want, and paste the HTML code in the configuration section. Save your changes, and that’s it!
- If you’re not using widgets, you’ll need to have basic knowledge of HTML. First click the “Editor” or “Theme Editor” subpanel, and select “Sidebar” from the list. Usually sidebar modules go between <li></li> tags; some other themes use <div>. Paste the code in your sidebar between the appropriate set of tags in the location you want, click Save, and you’re done!